Don’t let companies fool you when comparing quotes for your cabinets. Asking a few questions can go a long way and having a little bit of knowledge can really save you time, money, and headaches.
Make a truly fair comparison cabinet to cabinet.
The biggest mistake people make is not making a fair comparison when going from one company to another. Know what you’re getting for your money. Don’t be fooled by one company being cheaper than another. You may be saving a little, but giving up a lot. Here are a few things you should know about the cabinets you’re buying:
- Are the drawers dovetail, or standard?
- Dovetail drawers are less likely to fall apart over time.
- Are the drawers full extension, soft closing, and under mount?
- Full extension makes it easier to get to everything in your drawers.
- Soft closing will prevent drawers from slamming and falling apart.
- Under mount glides are more visually pleasing because the glides are hidden.
- Are the doors soft closing?
- Soft closing doors prevent slamming and the wearing of hinges and doors.
- Are the interiors finished to match the doors?
- Some people like finished interiors and some don’t. But it is considered an upgrade in custom cabinets.
- Are the doors and drawer fronts all wood, veneer, or plywood?